Privacy Notice for Candidates – Moneysupermarket Group (the "Company")
Who we are
MoneySuperMarket.com Limited (company number 3945937) is the controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when you use our Services. Its registered address is Moneysupermarket House, St David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, if you want to contact our data protection officer or if you have any other related data protection questions, please contact our Data Request Team at email@example.com or write to our Data Protection Officer at Moneysupermarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Flintshire, CH5 3UZ.
What information about you will we collect and use?
- name, address, contact details, gender, marital status, and immigration status;
- academic record and qualifications;
- recruitment and employment history including information about your previous remuneration;
- any other information you have provided to us voluntarily including in your application, curriculum vitae or interview.
How and why will we use your personal information?
- assessing your skills, qualifications and suitability for the role;
- carrying out pre-employment checks;
- communicating with you about the recruitment process;
- making informed and fair recruitment decisions;
- keeping you informed of what is happening at Moneysupermarket Group and the business area you are interested in
- maintaining appropriate records of our recruitment process.
Where you have been recruited via a referral process, the person who made the referral will be given a reward based on broad salary bands.
What happens if you do not provide your personal information?
Who else might your personal information be shared with?
- previous employers, or named individuals as part of a reference request process;
- credit reference agencies or other vetting organisations;
- the Disclosure and Barring Service/Disclosure Scotland/ Access NI (depending on your country of residence).
For how long will your personal information be kept?
We will hold your data for a period of 18 months following your most recent application. This allows us to hold your details and notify you if we have a role which we think you might be interested in. Following this 18 month period, your data will be securely deleted from our systems.
If you want us to remove your data sooner, please see below your right to erasure, which you can exercise by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How will your personal information be kept safe?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and we have put in place internal controls and security measures to protect it. Access to your personal information is restricted to those employees, workers and agents who strictly need it as part of the recruitment process. We also have cyber security measures in place. We take steps to ensure that third parties who have access to your personal information only process it on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place appropriate procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach.
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information as summarised here. For more information on your rights please contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this notice:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights; this is why we are providing you with this privacy notice;
- Right of access – you can request access to your personal information;
- Correcting or erasing your information – where we hold information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to rectify or complete it, and in certain circumstances you may ask us to erase it;
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to restrict some processing of your personal information, which means that you can ask us to limit what we do with it;
- Right to object to processing – you can object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances, including where we are using it for the purpose of the Company’s legitimate business interests;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain from us and re-use your personal information for your own purposes. This only applies, however, where the processing is carried out by automated means, to personal information that you have provided to us yourself (not any other information) and where the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract;
- Right to complain – you are able to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office about any matter concerning your personal information, using the details below. However, we take our obligations seriously, so if you have any questions or concerns, we would encourage you to raise them with us first, so that we can try to resolve them.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel 0303 123 1113
If you have any questions about anything in this privacy notice, please contact email@example.com.
Our general contact details are Moneysupermarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Flintshire, CH5 3UZ